Tuesday 17 March 2015

Challenges

There are a variety of challenges to be faced when making the transition from sloth to not-sloth. I hesitate to say 'Active' because in my mind that conjures up images of women in sports gear smiling as they stride through a park on a sunny day. That is so not me.

My reality this morning was I pulled on the sweat pants I wore last night which had a bit of my dinner on the leg from where I wiped my hand while cooking. I had a toque, gloves and my coat against the wind. I was alone on a rural road and it wasn't sunny. In fact, freezing rain started shortly after I got back.

But still, I did it. I got up and got a 2.5 km walk in before 8:00 this morning. After a shower, I logged into my computer, and 'went to work'. And the best part is, I got through everything I had planned to do before noon. Part of that is because I'm at home and don't have all the distractions and noise of an office. But part of that I think is due to greater mental focus. And I attribute that to getting outside and getting moving early this morning.



This is what greeted me. It was worth getting up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment